Last Day of Class

 Today was a sad day for all of us in class, it was our last day. Each group presented their tutoring experience and celebrated their student. It was exciting to see what each group’s student was like, and what activities they did to meet the needs of their student. And I have to say, I was really impressed with some of the presentation formats some of the groups used. One group made a video where they drew and wrote things on a whiteboard and then sped up the video. It was such a creative and unique way to do their presentation, I am slightly envious I didn’t think of that. I feel the class I was in was a very passionate group of individuals. Everyone had such great activities and ideas to help their students, and everyone had great news to share of their student improving. I know last week I mentioned how I was very nervous about my presentation with my partner and well, I don’t feel very good about it. We presented and we told the information we felt was important. But I do think having a Prezi and a poster board looked a little disconnected and not unified. And I felt like I took away talking opportunities from my partner when I presented the Prezi. I can say that next time I ever have to do a presentation with another person I am going to go out of my way to ensure we both work on one presentation format together. I feel that really makes a difference and is what made all the other groups stand out to me today. They looked united and knitted together. Though, my partner and I did present well together and we tried to add on to what one another said. So we did make an attempt and did the best we could. Also, my partner did notice that we looked too separate. Now my partner and I both know it is worth it to work together instead.


After all the presentations Dr. Garcia showed us a video that told a story of a teacher who was changed by one of her students. It was a very touching video that had many tearing up. It was also very inspirational and motivated me to be a teacher who changes her students’ lives and be a positive impact. All in all, it was a good way to end our last class. 

Comments

Popular Posts